In this Archero tier lists, we will be ranking 12 heroes from best to worst. This ranking is based on their damage numbers, their effects, pros, and cons.
All heroes are great in their own way. This is based on our research and experience. We all have our own individual playstyles so play with what you have fun with the most and what suits your personal play style the best.
Sylvan’s special ability will trigger a random powerful elemental effect. The base attack is 160 with base health of 600.
There is an effect on every arrow despite the description. These effects consist of lightning which deals with initial damage and damage to any mob nearby. His poison deals damage over time until the target is dead. Frost which freezes a target and fire which burns a target dealing tick damage.
Lightning and poison have a 35% proc rate and poison and freeze have a 15% proc rate.
- Sylvan’s special ability is based on four abilities in the game. This means he’ll remove four abilities from the pool. This also means he has a higher chance of getting higher tier abilities.
- His special consists of a mix of damage and crowd control from the freeze. It is a 100% elemental proc rate.
- Unlike Meowgik and Helix, his special ability does not scale with attack boosts and rage. However, his lightning damage will scale.
- Very expensive and he does have a built-in freeze and some players do not like freeze.
Shade’s special ability has a real and shadow self, the real self has dark powers and the shadow self has increased dodge, attack, and attack speed. The base attack is 170 with a base health of 550.
Shade has a real form and shadow form. Her real form applies and enhanced dark touch ability on enemies. This ability deals initial and explosion hit for 135% of your base attack. This ability will also tick twice in between for 30% of your base damage.
Her shadow form has increased dodge, increased attack speed, and increased attack. From my calculations, her dodge could be somewhere between 10 to 15%. Her shadow form’s damage is increased by 170% to 180% of your base attack. Each form lasts for 4 seconds and then we’ll switch.
- Has a base dodge in her shadow form right off the bat which other heroes do not have.
- Highest raw damage of all heroes who also have the highest damage scaling with abilities
- Shade has a lot of self buffs and deals even more damage of explosions around enemies.
- She also gains a personal set of 5% crit chance which again increases her damage.
- Multi-shot and front arrow will decrease the damage of her dark touch ability however this is not an issue with overall damage.
In conclusion, the reason why I put them both in first and second place is that it strongly relies on your personal preference just like Meowgik and Helix.
Sylvan removing four abilities from the pool cannot be ignored. This means you have higher chances of getting more damage off of Silvan in more games. However, if Shade does get high tier abilities Shade scales a lot better and is a lot stronger with the multi-shot, front arrow, and especially rage.
Overall, Sylvan has a higher chance of dealing more damage in more runs than shade due to his higher and stronger tier ability chance.
Your attacks would deal more damage at low HP based on the ability Rage. Base attack of 125 with a base Health of 620. Helix’s damage increases by 1.3% for every 1% of your health missing. Ability scales of attack boost, multi-shot, and front arrow, etc.
- He can reach high damage potential and extremely strong in boss fights.
- Works best in scenarios where you’re losing health and you need that huge damage increase.
- In chapters you struggle with, you’re most likely going to take damage which means this will be active in most cases.
- Strong level 20 universal stat of +20% crit damage and removes one ability from the pool.
- Have to lose health to activate the ability. Very high risk but also high reward however I personally feel that the risk is higher than the reward.
- Not the best for farming in my opinion unless it is a high damaging chapter.
Meowgik’s special ability is a chance to summon an attacking Kitty when attacking enemies. Meowgik’s has a base attack of 135 with a base heath of 550.
The cats have roughly a 33% chance of spawning which is basically on average 1 in 3 attacks. Based on the attacks you throw not hits.
Damage includes raw damage + weapon modifier and the cats deal roughly three times your damage so triple the damage of your weapon. Scales with rage abilities and damage boosts pros special.
- Special ability is extremely strong, cats can go through walls, the cats can follow targets, cats can deal with damage to other targets in its path. Cats will wait for targets that disappear briefly and then attack them.
- Extremely strong against bosses, you can hide behind walls and the kitties do that work. Making Meowgik a very safe hero.
- The cat does scale with Rage abilities making this very powerful.
- Cats work with weapon effects and also works with the headshot ability.
- The cats can crit but the chance is extremely low.
- All ability is unique so there is no ability removed from the pool.
- You can kill the target before the cats reach at times.
- Not the best for farming for low chapters because you will often kill the target before the cats reach.
Overall, I have placed them in the same spot because it really comes down to personal preference and play style. However, if Meowgik were to pick up rage in any run, Meowgik would be ranked above Helix.
You don’t have to be in very specific circumstances to use them and I really strongly value reliability over damage potential like Onir who has to rely on factors such as enemy positioning and number of enemies.
The best true free to play hero, What I mean is that he doesn’t cost any real money or gems. His special ability is your attacks will cause an enhanced flame effect base of the ability Blaze Arrow.
His Base attack is 130 with base health of 500 and his fire damage ability ticks 10 times over 2 seconds with a 15% of your base attack per tick. At 10th ticks, it is 150% of your base attack. But ability does not consider weapons and modifiers.
- His ability results in much higher damage per second compared to all previous heroes.
- Damage is almost instant and fast, you can keep this on one monster for a long time.
- Stronger against bosses compared to previous heroes and removes one ability from the pool.
- Grants a total of 4% crit chance when leveled up to all heroes.
- Fire needs to be refreshed to stay on target otherwise it will stop after 10 ticks. This can make it hard for targets that getaway or hide behind areas he cannot reach but overall it should not be a huge issue.
- His special ability does not scale with any abilities.
So let me explain the ranking for Phoren which might come as a surprise to some of you and trust me I was surprised too.
I really did some of the calculations today specifically with Onir and Phoren. Damage-wise, Phoren is actually stronger than Rolla and Onir by default. While Phoren has a lower base attack, his abilities initial hit deals more damage.
It was very hard to compare these three heroes because Phoren deals more damage overall, Rolla has high crowd control which enables her to deal more damage depending on the situation, and Onir has the highest potential of all three to reach higher damage and also can deal more damage in ideal circumstances.
Honestly, they’re not that far apart on the Tier list, I probably would put them on the same rank but in my opinion, choose Phoren for more reliability, Choose Rolla for crowd control and choose Onir for high damage potential.
They all have their strengths and weaknesses. Rolla is better for boss fights, Onir is better for wave and cluttered chapters. I try my best to make the fairest comparison possible but sometimes it’s just way too circumstantial and just falls under personal preference. They all have their perks and you cannot really put a rank on it because it’s just not straight forward.
Onir’s attacks caused an enhanced Holy effect base of the ability holy touch. His base attack is 140 and his base health is 650. Onir deals damage in an angle to your original shot from the middle in two directions. Deals 100% of your base damage the shot is instant. His scales of weapon modifiers and abilities range is pretty far.
- His ability can go through walls and hit all enemies in its path like a piercing effect.
- Because his special does scale and always is the same damage to your initial attack, this means Onir’s ability can reach very high damage potential.
- The Death Scythe epic headshot ability also works on Onir’s special ability
- Works best in cluttered rooms and wave chapters and removes one ability from the game.
- Pretty lethal with multishot, ricochet, and multiple errors.
- Ability is useless against single bosses and targets not nearby other enemies. So because of this means Onir’s ability can be pretty useless in more common cases.
- Not the best Universal hero stats. While the ability itself is very strong it also is not the most reliable.
Overall, I place Onir above Rolla because both of them are extremely circumstantial.
Rolla freezes which grants increase damage potential as you are not having to reposition yourself as much and Onir does a 100% damage to possibly multiple targets.
These calculations are not straightforward. Onir would do a lot better in wave chapters and clutter chapters such as chapters of mob spawn, Rolla would do a lot better of single targets and bosses.
Rolla’s base attack is 170 with base health of 500. Her attack freeze enemies for a longer time base of the ability of freeze arrow.
- High base attack and Frozen enemies give you crowd control.
- Her special ability seems to have a high proc rate .
- Has great Universal hero stats of +60 and a +5% attack.
- Has 10% dodge at level 80 however, that is very hard to reach.
- Great against bosses and cancels attacks of enemies. Because of freeze cancels attacks she can spend more time attacking. Better for those who use weapons with no knockback.
- Her freeze is extremely short but this may be because her proc rate is so high.
- There is no damaging effect on her freeze.
- Rolla heavily relies on personal playstyle while she can cancel the attack of enemies of her freeze, some players do not like this because it can sometimes confuse you.
Personally, I think she is rather expensive. While her base attack is really high and her freeze ability does come in handy it was really hard to place her. Because she is circumstantial as well to the player and I couldn’t really do many calculations with her because her playstyle is super unique.
I’m cautiously placing her in 7th place above the previous hero is because she can be very strong if you know how to use her right. But if you’re not into freeze just ignore Rolla completely.
Her base attack is 150 and base health is 600. Bonnie’s special ability is a chance to create a strong copy of the hero when monsters are killed. This is based on the ability of the shadow clones.
The spawn rate of here shadow clone is high, more than 50% each clone lasts for 9 seconds. Half of her clone deals 100% of your base damage including the weapons modifier.
- Great hero for farming wave chapters. Strong in wave chapters where there are a lot of enemies.
- The universal stats of +20% crit damage and +5% max HP is pretty good especially since the plus 20% universal stat is very easy to obtain.
- Clone spawn rate is high and the clone uses an arrow which has a slight knockback giving you some crowd control.
- Great against bosses that spawn enemies or bosses that split like spiders and skulls.
- It can have an army of clone which is super fun to watch and removes the one ability from the pool.
- Not viable for progressing through chapters that you’re struggling on.
- Her clones attacks cannot go through walls and move. So they will be stuck attacking a wall or obstacle if they cannot reach the target.
- Extremely weak against the majority of bosses in Archero.
- Clone’s damage does not increase with boosts.
- Clones knockback can push enemies towards you or out of position.
Overall, I don’t think Bonnie is worth the money, I would only have her for the hero attributes but would not pay for those attributes so this is up to you. Bonnie is pretty fun but has a lot of cons that would make it pretty difficult to progress through a chapter you’re trying to succeed in.
Taranis costs 1,000 gems and his special ability caused an enhanced lighting effect based on the ability bolt arrow. His base attack is 130 with the base health of 550 and deals 30% of your base damage but can scale.
- It can deal damage to multiple enemies right off the bat and has an advantage in wave-based chapters over previous heroes.
- Abilities can connect to enemies through walls and with the right abilities such as ricochet and multi-shot you can proc frequently.
- The damage of the thunderstorm can be increased with an attack boost.
- Has a good universal stat of +2% crit chance and +4% attack to all heroes.
- Removes one of the abilities from the pool bolt arrows.
- It doesn’t deal with any damage to the initial target.
- Just like Shari, he is situational, he needs other targets around the target to deal more damage.
Overall, even though that is a huge con of Taranis of all previous heroes being better than him in certain situations, Taranis damage output, in general, is higher especially since his ability can scale and it can go through walls and has a longer range.
His attack caused an enhanced poison effect. This is based on the poison arrow ability. His base attack is 120 with base health of 550. Urasil poisons enemies on hit and the poison deal 40% of your base damage.
This damage does not consider the weapons modifier. Hitting the enemy again will not refresh the attack and poison ticks once per second.
- Once the poison is on the enemy it will stay on the enemy until the enemy dies. Because of this, you can focus on dodging or repositioning yourself in safe places while the poison does its thing.
- If you manage to hit a target in a hard-to-reach place, the poison can kill them slowly while you focus on other enemies.
- This poison works best of abilities like ricochet to apply poison to multiple enemies.
- Because this is based on poison touch this will remove poison touch from the pool which means you have a slightly higher chance of getting a better ability.
- The activation of the poison is pretty slow, you must hit the enemy at least once to apply the venom.
- Urasil relies on having to hit enemies to apply the poison effect to gain the benefit of dealing with damage to multiple enemies.
I place Urasil above Shari because Urasil is more flexible in different situations. While the damage of Shari is higher on specific targets she’s just too tied to one target and situation.
Overall, Urasil is much more flexible with that and can deal with damage to all target types, unlike Shari.
Shari is our current newest hero which is free and ties to an event. Her special ability is to summon a thorn vine to attack enemies which is a unique ability.
Her base attack is 135 with base health of 550. She can only have two thorns at one time and her thorns damage deals a 168% of your base damage. This damage does not consider the weapons modifier and thorns will only attack three times each and then despawn.
Thorns are melee so they only attack enemies that are close and the spawn rate seems to be very high. I placed Shari in 9th place because she is just not strong at all in comparison to the other heroes.
- Great for stationary targets which are targets that do not move.
- Thorns do deal a lot of damage per hit.
- With her strengths, there are other heroes who do a lot better.
- Her thorns damage is slow
- Can only spawn two thorns so you cannot stack a lot of them on a target.
- Her thorns can only attack three times before despawning.
- Because her ability is unique you will have all abilities in the pool which is not worth it for her special ability.
Atreus is the hero we all start with and should only be using him if you’re a new player and you haven’t unlocked the hero selection yet.
- He is the only hero that can change outfits.
- No special ability.
Wrapping This Up!
And that is all for today’s tier lists. Remember play what you love the most and play what suits your playstyle. If you found this helpful let me know who your favorite heroes in the comments down below.