New items have been added into the game and Archero has introduced a new Spellbooks that grant our heroes ultimates. In this guide I’ll be ranking all the Spellbooks from best to worst, learn you what they can do, their stats, and list their pros and cons. You will also learn a little trick on how you could charge your ultimate faster.
This ranking will be mostly based on their stats and this will be based on their epic stats as epic is the most obtainable for all players. All Spellbooks grant increased max health and there is a stat that you may not be familiar with and that’s power speed. I believe power speed is the speed of the ultimate charge.
Ultimate Type: Automatic
Stats: Get a new skill when full. Increased power speed, increase multi-skill +1 when all using ultimate. When you’re not using ultimate I believe you always have collision damage resistance +5% and projectile resistance +5%.
For those who do not know what multi-skill means, multi-skill grant you another ability choice when the ultimate activates. This spell will grants you a new ability from the ability pool with so far no cap. I average around 3 to 4 extra abilities per 50 level chapter but I do it strategically and I’ll tell you how after I talk about this book.
- It grants an average of 2 to 4 abilities per wave in normal chapters. Usually, you’ll finish a chapter with 10 abilities excluding abilities from Devils and Angels. Which means you could finish a chapter of a total of 12 to 14 abilities.
- It is an automatic ultimate and you can stutter-step as usual.
- Damage resistance seems to be active all the time regardless of your old activating.
- Skills stay permanently and for the duration of your run.
- Even at common rarity, this Spellbook is already strong.
- Extremely strong for Silvan players as the ability pool is already smaller.
- Sometimes you might get a bad ability that is not worth it.
- This is hard to stack in boss only chapters and you may only get around 1 to 2 abilities.
- Still, I would use this over the other books because an extra ability can make a huge difference.
- It is the longest ability to charge.
Enlightenment is the strongest Spellbook by a lot, there is a huge power difference between enlightenment and the other three Spellbooks.
To have almost four extra abilities at most for chapter runs will make a huge difference in your runs. You do not have to take every ability it gives you. You can just press the back button in the game and it will pass on the ability.
I would farm for this Spellbook, it just takes one common item of the Spellbook to reap its benefits. You can still get 2 to 4 abilities which are insane and upgrading the rarity will increase the ability pool so at epic you can choose between 2 abilities each time. This means that there will be a higher chance of picking up high tier abilities.
Tier-2: Art Of Combat
Ultimate Type: Automatic
Stats: Increase projectile knockback effect when full, increased attack projectile knockback power speed, and increase projectile speed when all using ultimate.
- Increases your knockback effect, means you can increase the knockback on weapons with a weak knockback such as Spear and Tornado.
- Fast ultimate recharge speed happens automatically.
- Can use both methods of stutter-stepping without accidentally activating.
- Best use against mob levels and melee enemies.
- Not great for all bosses as a knockback effect doesn’t work on all bosses but at least you get some of the other benefits.
It was a hard ranking between Art of Combat and Arcane Archer but the biggest factor for me is that Art of Combat is an automatic ultimate. There is both a pro and a con to this and I kinda like to talk more about which is why I haven’t listed it yet.
The pro is that you can play as normal and stutter-step as normal. The con is that it activates every time it’s full so there is not much strategic use here. Sometimes it might even activate after you kill everything.
I would say that it’s very dependent on your personal choice here between the Art of Combat and Arcane Archer if you’re deciding between the two. One does work better with bosses while the other works better with mobs.
I strongly value crowd control and because Spear is one of my favorite weapons it’s nice to be able to add some crowd control to that weapon.
Both of these Spellbooks are great for different situations. I personally just placed it at second because I do not like the activate ultimate feature and I think stutter stepping is something that all Archero players should do.
Tier-3: Arcane Archer
Ultimate Type: Active / Double-tap
Stats: Increases projectile frequency and own attack. When using ultimate, you’ll have increased attack, increased attack speed, side arrow +1, and front arrow +1.
This Spellbook already has a diagonal arrow and front arrow at a common rarity when the ultimate is activated.
- May benefit the staff moreover other weapons due to the staff’s homing function.
- Grant’s you a damage increase for a short duration.
- Works best against bosses and wave chapters.
- The front arrow can make staff weaker, depends on what you have on the staff at the time.
- Just like the Ice Realm as an active ultimate you could accidentally activate the ultimate.
- You also cannot use a stutter-step method.
I placed Arcane Archer above Ice Realm because Arcane Archer can be used in more situations of an Ice Realm. While Ice Realm does have its benefits of helping you survive situations, Arcane Archer can help you quickly take chunks of Health especially if you do not have a lot of high tier abilities.
I would also like to note that it does say increase projectile frequency which originally led me to think that it increases your attack speed. however that is not the case, it doesn’t make any sense as there is a separate stat for attack speed. so I tested it and nothing changed.
Archero seems to have used the wrong wording here, I believe increased attack frequency is supposed to mean an increased number of arrows shot which is why we get diagonal arrows and front arrow at a common rarity.
Tier-4: Ice Realm
Ultimate Type: Active / Double-tap
Stats: Freezes surrounding enemies and increases own attack, epic Ice Realm grants increase attack, increase frost damage, increased attack speed, increased power speed, increased frost area to 100% when using ultimate.
- Freezes enemies when you’re in tough situations.
- Can help against melee enemies when they’re too close.
- 100% frost area on epic, will freeze all enemies and stop their attacks.
- Cannot use the stutter-step tapping method.
- Rarities before epic require you to be close to the enemy.
- It can accidentally activate the ultimate.
I place the Ice Realm in tier-4 because it’s more of a situational dependant spellbook. The biggest con for me is that the lower rarities do not cover the map 100% as the epic ice realm does.
Any rarity below that will be very risky to use if you want to use it aggressively so it’s more dependent on the situation you’re in. If you have a rarity lower than epic the smaller area can work nicely on close bosses like the Scythe Mage. But for Bosses that are ranged and far away, I would never recommend going close to any of them to use the ultimate.
This makes this ultimate and spellbook useless in more situations until epic. The only situation it is useful in before epic is monsters who get too close like Melee monsters and Melee bosses.
How To Charge Ultimate Faster?
A way to do it is to take damage on the lowest source so things like soul blades or the spike ground or even collision damage from certain enemies whichever’s the lowest source.
For Chapter 6, I was able to pick up three abilities however if I did not use this method of taking damage to charge my ultimate I would have probably only had two abilities. It’s a risky method so I would recommend doing that in the earlier stages and making sure you’re not doing it before a tough stage or boss depending on your health.
This method strongly benefits the Enlightenment Book and I recommend grabbing the ability Bloodthirst when you can to gain health back so you can take more damage to gain more abilities.
If your health is full it’s best to take damage right before a chest with heals so usually before boss levels and just let yourself take some damage and then let yourself heal from the chest. This is a great way to make use of the heals from the chest when you’re already full health.
Wrapping It Up!
That is all for our best spellbook guide, If I find all the epics, I will revisit this tier list and make a better comparison much more in-depth than this one. If you like the new Spellbooks let me know in the comments which Spellbook you like the best.