So you play Archero and want to know the best weapon? well, you’ve come into the right place. In this guide, I’ll be going through all Archero weapons from strongest to weakest, tips, and their pros and cons. But before we begin, I’d like to add that all weapons are great in a way depending on what you are after.
On this page:
Archero Weapons Tier List
Play what you love most, all weapons are viable and strong. RNGing with the right skills is a true deciding factor in DPS. With that said, all weapons have their own perks and situational advantages.
Now let’s get into the actual ranking and remember to use what you enjoy the most despite what the weapon you like the most is ranked.
Tier-1: Stalker Staff
Stalker staff with its optimal build has the highest damage in the game out of all weapons by far. It can completely melt bosses and can instantly take out mobs. This is due to the homing function of the weapon where it follows enemies.
Diagonal arrows paired up with this mechanic is deadly. Even though it does so much damage the problem is that the projectile of the weapon is huge and can be deadly for you as well.
- Epic passive has great synergy with crit items and abilities.
- Projectiles follow targets.
- Extremely strong with diagonal arrows and multi-shot.
- Diagonal arrows being a strong ability for this weapon is great because this ability drops often.
- Fast attack speed and decent knockback.
- Strongest against distant enemies and bosses.
- The best weapon to use for the boss only chapters
- Slow startup time, this is not good if you have to constantly reposition yourself.
- Relies on abilities to reach it’s extremely strong potential.
- It can be a gamble to use due to a front arrow.
- Not recommended to pick up front arrow if you’re going for the powerful staff build.
- It’s extremely hard to see due to its big projectiles. This means that you may lose focus and you cannot spot the enemy attacks and projectiles
- For the diagonal arrow build, all arrows were only hit if you’re right up in the enemy’s face or at a distance.
Tier-2: Bright Spear
The reason why the bright sphere isn’t a clear winner for tier-1 is that the lack of knock-back can mean you will have to constantly reposition yourself. Bright Spear is also pretty reliant on abilities such as multi-shot and ricochet which are true high tier abilities and not the easiest to get.
- Almost instant projectile speed.
- Nearly 100% hit rate on enemies unless you are blocked off by an obstruction.
- Multishot, Ricochet, and Front Arrow work the best on spear due to the instant projectile and low % miss.
- Bouncy wall and diagonal errors are lethal because of the projectile speed.
- Great for boss fights due to passive.
- No knockback which means weak against melee enemies.
- No knockback also means you may have to constantly reposition yourself if your damage is not high enough.
- The projectile is thin but can still be very distracting due to its line.
Tier-3: Death Scythe
The scythe being in Tier-3 is more of a situational placement. Mostly because of its epic passive and strong knockback.
Crowd control is an important aspect to Archero especially as you progress more in the game. If you don’t stutter-step I find that the Scythe falls off.
Because of its slow attack speed, stutter-stepping with the Scythe is important. The slow attack speed results in a higher chance of missing shots. Stutter stepping counters that by throwing up more shots. If you do not Stutter-step I would place Scythe on the same level as the bow.
- Strongest knock-back.
- Strong epic passive.
- Easiest weapon to stutter step with.
- Highest damage modifier (145%).
- Great weapon for mid to late game chapters.
- Works well against all mob types especially against melee enemies.
- Strong against tanky mobs due to headshot passive.
- Epic passive is useless against boss levels.
- Slowest attack speed in the game.
- Highest attack miss rate due to its slow projectile.
- Strong knock-back with ricochet and bouncy wall plus pierce which means that it can push enemies towards you or re-position them to hit you with their attack.
- Due to the slow attack animation, can be bad in situations where you’re under constant attack.
- This weapon relies more on stutter-stepping.
- Fast enemies at a distance can be problematic for the Scythe due to the slow attack speed.
Tier-4: Brave Bow
There is a lot of hype for the Brave bow especially before the staff and spear came into the picture. I placed it in Tier-4 because it’s just a great all-around weapon but I placed it lower than the other three weapons because I feel that by itself it is not very strong.
I found that I had to have other abilities to reach a potential that was on par with the higher tier weapons. Other than that this weapon is very beginner-friendly, there is no ability limitation, and stutter-stepping is very good on this weapon.
- Decent knockback and damage.
- Fast attack speed.
- Flexibility in builds.
- Epic passive has great synergy with crit boost, crit passives, and crit rings.
- A great all-around weapon that you can depend on.
- Beginner friendly and small projectile.
- Lowest raw damage in the game.
- Lowest initial crit damage even with the epic passive.
- It still takes quite a bit to surpass other weapons with the crit build damage.
- More reliant on other weapons such as Wolf Rings and Lion Rings.
- More reliant on abilities to surpass damage to other weapons.
The problem is that there are three abilities that the tornado does not work well with. Which means that there are three additional abilities in the pool that Tornado does not need.
It’s also good to know that despite these abilities not being grateful at tornado they do work well in farming lower chapters.
I placed tornado on tier-5 even though it starts off as the highest damaging weapon in the game. It is mostly ranked here due to the lack of knock-back and limitations in ability builds. Other than that this weapon is still incredibly strong especially for early chapters.
- Fast attack speed and highest raw damage in the game.
- Strong epic passive that already comes with piercing which is basically a free ability.
- Can hit multiple enemies and extremely strong weapon for early chapters.
- Best weapon for farming in my opinion and experience and strong for swarms of enemies.
- Despite having the highest damage, the return hit does not always connect with moving targets. This results in lower damage than what’s on paper.
- No knockback making it weak against melee enemies.
- High tier abilities such as ricochet and mid-tier such as bouncy will reduce the damage of a tornado. Because of this, I would avoid these abilities.
- Piercing also does not work of tornado due to it already having Pierce.
Tier-6: Saw Blade
The epic passive of Saw Blade is very weak in comparison to all the other epic passives. It just basically gives you a few extra shots and that activates when you enter a room, unlike the other weapons where it’s active all the time.
- The fastest attack speed of all weapons.
- Multishot grants save level knock-back as bow
- Small projectile making it easy to see.
- Relies more on abilities.
- Worse passive out of all the weapons.
- Not the easiest weapon to stutter step with.
Conclusion And Tips
All weapons are great in their own way and each comes into their own spotlight depending on the situation. The weapon type is always secondary to the skills RNG which means one good or bad skill can change the tempo of your run.
The difficulty of the game is first determined by weapon level, to equipment levels, to RNG skills, muscle memory, and then your reaction speed. If your weapon rarity is too low, keep farming your current chapter or the chapter before it to raise your weapon level. Stutter-stepping is equally effective on all weapons except for blade and should be utilized until your second attack speed major ability.
And that is all for our tier list for the best weapon in Archero. Remember to play what you love the most.